Apple wearable devices are very popular because of their wide range of functions and possibilities. The new watch is very popular as it gives users access to media apps and you know Snapchat is the top tech app in the US with 293 million daily active users.
It has been a huge hit with all new users due to the many features it has to offer. Snapchat is a messaging app that allows you to share moments like photos, videos, and images from the Photos & Videos app. Snapchat has become one of the social apps.
If you are a Snapchat user with an Apple Watch and are wondering if we can use Snapchat on Apple Watch and how to get Snapchat on Apple Watch, then read on as we tell you how. to help you use Snapchat on your Apple Watch.
Is Snapchat accessible for the Apple Watch?
In short, Snapchat isn’t official on the Apple Smart Watch. Although the app works well on iOS devices, the attached version is not designed for the watch as Apple has updated its policy to support embedded apps on the Apple Watch interface.
Normally, you can get Snapchat notifications on your watch. Even if you open the watch on your iOS device, in terms of functionality it’s still using the web version of Snapchat, but it’s also limited to the WebKit-enabled Apple Watch.
Another obvious reason why this app is not available on portable devices. Despite its growing popularity, it lacks a camera. In fact, sending and receiving images is the main feature of Snapchat.
Quick Way to use Snapchat on Apple Watch?
In this way, we can record some features of Snapchat on Apple Watch, but Apple Watch must support the ability to read via WebKit or the Internet.
This method has been tested on Apple Watch Series 4 and also works on Apple Watch Series 5 and Apple Watch Series 6. Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Series 3 may not support this method due to the lack of web navigation capabilities.
- First, press and hold the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch until Siri turns on.
- If Siri is enabled, “What can I do for you?” appears on the screen.
- Say “Google search” to Siri and Siri replies “What are you looking for?”
- Say “Snapchat online” to Siri.
- Google search results are displayed on the watch face.
- Select “Login – Snapchat” from the search results. Then click Open Page.
- You will be redirected to the Snapchat login page, log in with your Snapchat credentials.
How do you take Snapchat photos with your Apple Watch?
While you can’t use Snapchat on Apple Watch to post Stories, you can use Apple Watch remotely to take photos on Snapchat. You can follow the below steps if you want.
- Launch Snapchat on your smartphone.
- Set it to camera mode and shoot your phone’s camera as desired.
- Make sure you set your Apple Watch to the default screen.
- Rotate the watch’s digital bezel to take a photo on your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you install Snapchat on Apple Watch?
No. There is no dedicated Snapchat app for the Apple Watch. However, you can access Snapchat features on Apple Watch. See the blog for more details.
How do you delete Snapchat messages on your Apple Watch?
- To turn off Snapchat notifications, go to Settings on your Apple Watch and tap Notifications
- Select the “Mirror iPhone alert” option and tap the icon next to Snapchat to search.
Hope you know how to get Snapchat on Apple Watch. Snapchat on Apple Watch doesn’t give you the same joy as on iPhone.