Many users have reported that their Windows 10 PCs crash frequently with the OVERRAN STACK BUFFER DRIVER error code. The error confirms that the driver has completed the initial installation and stops the computer and then restarts.
This error usually occurs immediately after you install a new Windows update or when you launch your favorite games. Windows 10 blue error can be caused by many problems like outdated drivers, corrupt file systems, hardware failures, party conflicts, and more. For whatever reason, if your Windows 10 PC displays a Stopwatch Error suddenly on the blue screen TIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER, use the solutions below to solve the problem. you can get detailed guide on Fix PS5 Error Code CE-107857-8 & Fix This Person is Unavailable on Messenger.
- 1 What is Buffer Stack Driver Overrun?
- 2 Solutions to fix Driver overran stack buffer on Windows 10
- 3 1. Install the latest Windows updates
- 4 2. Disable the quick start function
- 5 3. Uninstall the problematic software
- 6 4. Change the G-Sync settings
- 7 5. Run the SFC scan
- 8 6. Disable antivirus
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Ques: What causes driver power failure?
- 11 Ques: Does BSOD damage your computer?
- 12 Ques: What is Windows Stopcode?
- 13 Ques: Why do drivers overrun stack buffer?
- 14 Conclusion
What is Buffer Stack Driver Overrun?
Before we proceed to find a solution to the “stack buffer overrun driver” error, let’s learn a little bit first and see why it happens and what it actually is. Usually, when this error occurs, a message will be displayed that says: “Your PC has a problem and we need to restart we just collected some information about the error and then we reconnected for you, if you want to know more you can. Search online for this error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. ”Well, with this BSOD error, Windows 10 restarts frequently and behaves unusually, which is very annoying.
It usually happens due to external devices being connected such as printers, scanners and many other things. But why? Because these devices require individual drivers to function properly. And because this error occurs on your computer, there’s a good chance the device driver isn’t compatible with the version of Windows 10 you’re using.
So, to address this situation and fix the “drive overrun buffer stack” error, we will introduce some simple methods for you. So, follow this guide as it will help you recover your PC from the blue screen of death.
Solutions to fix Driver overran stack buffer on Windows 10
1. Install the latest Windows updates
Microsoft regularly sends out security updates with various fixes and bug fixes. And many of these updates fix hardware and software conflicts or compatibility issues, which could lead to a Windows BSOD error. They also fix some security vulnerabilities, so if you want your PC to be safe and error-free, we highly recommend using Windows Update and downloading the latest updates.
- Go to settings using Windows keyboard shortcut + I,
- Click Update & Security instead of Windows Update on the left,
- Now click the Check for Updates button to download and install Windows updates from the Microsoft server,
- After restarting the computer to apply the update and make sure that BSOD is disabled.
2. Disable the quick start function
Windows 10 added a quick-start feature (hybrid shutdown function) to reduce boot time, set up Windows very fast. But this feature has some drawbacks that cause various problems on Windows 10 and some Windows users report after being disabled Windows 10 Quick Start Feature on Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer BSOD error fixed for them.
To disable the Windows 10 Fast Startup feature
- Open the control panel
- Here look for and select Power Option
- Now choose what the power buttons do
- Then click Change options that are not currently available.
- And here Uncheck Quick Boot Off (Recommended).
- Save your settings and restart your PC.
- Now, see if it really fixes the Overrun Stack Driver Buffer Blue Screen Error.
3. Uninstall the problematic software
If you have recently installed a new application on your system such as Daemon Tools or Rapport plug-in, there is a high probability that you will see error 0x000000f7 buffer overran stack driver Windows 10. Therefore, it might be useful to remove such applications from your system to completely solve the problem. This could be due to any software, regardless of whether you just installed a game or third-party antivirus software. If there are any faulty files, you can get the blue screen of death.
4. Change the G-Sync settings
Gamers are very familiar with this term G-Sync. And most of the people on the internet have repeatedly stated that in some cases this is a problem and it could put you in between errors like Windows 10 buffer driver 0x000000f7. To fix the problem, however, all you need to do is go to the G-Sync and G-Sync options which switch between Full Screen and Windowed mode.
5. Run the SFC scan
Since one of the factors causing this error is the system file, another way to fix it is to run an SFC scan. This tool can scan corrupt system files and replace them with custom files.
Follow the steps below to perform an SFC scan:
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Enter the command sfc / scanow and press Enter.
- Please wait patiently until the scanning process is complete. Restart your computer to see if the error has been corrected.
- If the error persists, you need to run a DISM command to repair the system image. In the command prompt, type the command type DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / restore health and press Enter.
- When the scanning process is complete, restart your computer and run an SFC scan again.
- In this way, damaged system files should be repaired and your computer should run smoothly.
6. Disable antivirus
Your antivirus software can be a common cause of BSOD errors, and to fix this error, we advise you to remove all third-party antivirus programs for a while. Please note that uninstalling a program may not fix the error as many antivirus programs tend to omit some files after uninstalling them. To ensure that your antivirus is completely removed from your system, we advise you to use a special removal tool. Many antivirus vendors have these tools available for download, so be sure to download one for your antivirus software. check these linked articles for Fix Spotify Installer Error Code 18 & Fix When Apple TV Stuck and Could Not Sign In.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: What causes driver power failure?
Ans: Driver Power State Failure is a BSoD error and it shows up mostly as a result of an incompatible driver installed. The common cause for this error can be your drivers, so it’s advised that you update them with driver updater software.
Ques: Does BSOD damage your computer?
Ans: Although a BSoD won’t damage your hardware, it can ruin your day. You’re busy working or playing, and suddenly everything stops. You’ll have to reboot the computer, then reload the programs and files you had open, and only after all that get back to work.
Ques: What is Windows Stopcode?
Ans: When Windows crashes, it generates a stop code that it displays on the BSOD. The stop code is a hexadecimal code that starts with 0x, followed by a string of eight other characters. Each stop code refers to a unique Windows error and directs you to help to fix the error
Ques: Why do drivers overrun stack buffer?
Ans: What causes the driver to overrun the stack buffer? The reasons for the drive overran stack buffer error are various. Commonly, it is caused by problematic applications or outdated drivers. You might also receive the error for other factors, such as overclocking your PC, corrupted system files, etc.
Read more articles:
OVERRAN STACK BUFFER DRIVERS The Blue Screen of Death error is usually caused by accidental crashes or old drivers, and you can easily correct this error by using one of our solutions. If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below and we will be sure to look into them.