Most often, Google Docs comes standard with light themes, but there are easy ways to switch to dark mode on Android, iPhone, iPad, and even Google Chrome as you type on your computer. We’ll show you how. Dark Mode is a nice interface option that displays bright text on a dark background.
While this may not reduce eye strain, it can be easier and more appealing than dark text on a light background, especially if you use the device in a dark room. Here’s how to enable dark mode in Google Docs. This guide explains how to use Google Docs in the dark on your desktop and mobile device. Make sure you enable Dark Mode and Online Technology Tips by clicking the switch in the upper right corner! google users get free tips on Turn in Late Work on Google Classroom on Time & Add Filters or Visual Effects to Google Meet.
Enable Dark Mode on Google Docs, Slides and Sheets on Android
The Dark Theme feature may not be immediately visible on your Android device as it was recently released, but you can be sure it will be available soon. In our experience, we tested the dark side of Google Docs on Google Pixel 2 XL with Android 11 beta and it works well.
Follow these steps to turn on Dark Mode on Google Docs, Slides and Sheets on your Android phone or tablet.
- Open Google Docs, Slides, or Sheets on your device. The process for turning on dark mode in all of these apps is the same.
- Tap the burger icon > go to settings > tap on theme.
- Select Dark to enable dark mode in the app.
However, if you want to preview specific files with a light theme without disabling the dark theme of the app, You can do that too. Follow these instructions.
- Open Google Docs, Slides, or Sheets on your device.
- Since the dark theme is already in use, open the file > tap the vertical three-dot icon > select Show with light theme.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Google Docs, Slides and Sheets on iOS
You can enable Dark Mode in Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets by changing some settings on your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps and thank you later.
- First, go to the App Store and download Google Docs, Slides & Sheets on your iOS device if you haven’t already.
- You now need to enable Smart Invert on your iOS device before opening the Google app. Go to Settings> Accessibility> Display & Text Size> Switch to Smart Invert.
- Exit Settings and open any Google app of your choice. You will notice that the app will now use a darker theme.
while doing this, you can preview Docs in Google Docs, Slides and Sheets in dark mode, but when you exit the app there will be colors and elements that don’t work well on iOS because Smart Invert is not the perfect dark mode solution. In such cases, you can always turn off Smart Invert after you’ve finished using the Google app, but we understand the process of turning Smart Invert on/off can be long and tedious. So, follow these steps to make it faster.
- Go to Settings> Control center> Scroll down and add access shortcuts.
- Go back> tap Accessibility> scroll down and tap Accessibility Shortcuts> check Smart Invert.
Now, whenever you want to turn on Smart Invert instead of the settings menu, you can access the control panel on your iPhone or iPad and turn Smart Invert on or off with one touch on the Access shortcut. Equally. of you want to know how to Transfer Google Play Balance to Bank Account or Paytm Wall & Recover Deleted Hangouts Messages check these linked articles.
Enable Dark Mode in Google Docs on the Web
The web version of Google Docs has yet to give a dark spot, so you have to rely on a browser hack to activate the mod in this office suite.
Google Chrome has a test banner that you can open to enable dark settings in Google Docs. Once you know if this flag is flagged, you can enable dark settings on web pages you visit with this browser.
If you’re comfortable, follow these steps to turn on dark settings in Google Docs:
- Launch Google Chrome on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Type chrome: // flags in the address bar and press Enter.
- You should now be at the Chrome flag screen. Here, tap the search box above and type: Command dark setting for web content.
- When what you are looking for appears in the results, click the drop-down menu next to the item and choose Ka.
- A new button will appear at the bottom of your browser that says Get Started. Click this button to close and reopen Chrome. This is necessary for your changes to take effect.
- When Chrome opens again, visit the Google Docs page. You can see the color is dark now.
If you want to turn off dark settings in Google Docs, just open the Chrome flag screen and choose Off from the menu of your choice. Then reboot Chrome when you are ready.
Note that this dark feature only works in Chrome and is not tied to your Google Account. If you open Google Docs from another browser, you’ll see the original light theme.
Read more articles:
- Install & Activate Hallmark Channel Everywhere
- Download and Install Soap2day On Firestick
- Fix This Person is Unavailable on Messenger
I always like to use the Google Docs Dark Mode chrome extension even on a day when the page color will leave on the interface. It will help me focus more on the work you have, not just me. Even a dark mood is a real blessing if you always want to work in a dark room for yourself and those around you.