Have you ever come across a similar situation that you delete your Hangouts conversation history but then found that the deleted items are important and you want to get them back? If that’s the case for you, try the two options offered in this guide to delete Hangouts conversations.
Since data loss can happen to anyone, we recommend that you regularly back up your device. If you often forget to backup your device, just have an Android data recovery tool installed on your computer. So you no longer have to worry about data loss.
Google has many useful applications not only for personal use but also for professional use. Another popular Google app is Google Hangouts, which allows you to easily connect with other Google accounts.
This guide explains how to get Hangouts chat history on your Android device. If that’s your story, follow this guide to recover deleted Hangouts messages.
Spotify offers Visa cardholders a free Premium membership. In the latest market, users can enjoy three months of free Spotify Premium subscriptions. you can get now Spotify Premium for FREE & Get Grammarly Premium Free Trial also check these linked articles.
- 1 What is Google chat?
- 2 Is It Possible to Recover Deleted Hangout Messages on Android?
- 3 Retrieve Deleted Hangouts(Google chat) Messages
- 4 Recover Gmail Hangouts Messages
- 5 Retrieve ArchievedHangouts Messages
- 6 Recover Deleted Hangout Messages Using Android Data Recovery
- 7 Where are Google Hangouts Conversations Saved?
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Ques: How Can I See Old Hangouts Messages?
- 10 Ques: Are Google Hangouts Conversations Private?
- 11 Ques: How Do I Permanently Delete Hangouts Chat History?
- 12 Ques: Why Do People Use Hangouts?
- 13 Conclusion
What is Google chat?
It is a chat-based app where all the messages will be saved in the chat section. It’s very easy to use Google Hangouts as a chat site because it can be used within Gmail, Android, or the Hangouts website.
Since all messages are stored in a Google account, you don’t need to take any precautions to save your data. But sometimes, the user may delete the data by mistake.
You can message a person or group in Google Chat just like you did in previous Hangouts, but with improved functionality.
Google Chat is available in Gmail. You can also use Google Chat on the web and on mobile devices with Android, iOS, and desktop apps. To help us improve, you can send your feedback to Google Chat or Gmail.
Whether it’s a 1:1 chat or a dedicated team workplace, Google Chat makes it easy to engage with your team in an organized way.
Share and discuss files across Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides in one place. Add a chat to your Gmail inbox and get all the chat features right in Gmail.
Is It Possible to Recover Deleted Hangout Messages on Android?
Of course, there is a chance to recover deleted Hangout messages from Android because they are not permanently deleted and there is still a chance to recover them.
We all know the Google Hangout app as it includes video chat, instant messaging, VOIP, and SMS features and is very popular among Android and iOS phones. A bad situation occurs when those conversations are canceled for some reason.
Users mistakenly deleted them, but later discovered that the conversation was important and needed to be restarted.
The situation is worse because Hangouts does not save deleted chat history. It means that once deleted, they are completely removed from the app.
But does this mean that those talks or conversations are permanent and will never be cancelled? No, not at all because we still have the ability to recover Android Hangouts messages.
Roblox is a very popular platform that supports most operating systems and devices including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and even Xbox One. you can get free working guides on Play Roblox On Chromebook & Delete Roblox Account.
Retrieve Deleted Hangouts(Google chat) Messages
Hangouts history is a security feature that automatically saves all your chats. Here you can view, search and update messages.
Recover Gmail Hangouts Messages
When Hangouts history is turned on in Gmail to automatically save conversations. You can try to find and update Hangouts messages in Gmail if you accidentally deleted them.
- On your computer, open Gmail. Make sure it’s the same account you use for Hangouts.
- On the left side of the page, click “More” at the bottom of the list of Gmail labels.
- Click on “Conversations”. You’ll see a list of all saved Hangouts history.
- Find the Hangout you want to read and click to open it.
Tips: You can retrieve old Hangouts messages by following these steps: Open Gmail on your computer > Type “in chat” > Tap “Search” > See all Hangouts.
Retrieve ArchievedHangouts Messages
If you’ve previously archived Hangouts messages, you can archive deleted Hangouts messages. Below are the steps to recover deleted Hangouts messages that have been archived.
- Open Hangout on your Android device and click the gear icon to open the settings.
- Click “Archive Conversation.” Then all messages will be archived.
- Then click on the gear icon again. Then select “Uninstall a conversation”.
Recover Deleted Hangout Messages Using Android Data Recovery
The first and most reliable solution to recover deleted Hangout messages from Android is to use a professional tool like Android Data Recovery.
This is one of the best and most recommended ways to recover all deleted Google Hangouts messages without difficulty.
For Android users who lose their important data from Android phones including photos, videos, text messages, documents, WhatsApp messages, contacts, call history, and more.
Steps to follow:
- Enable USB debugging on your Android phone and connect it to your computer.
- Select the type of data you want to recover and click the Next button.
- Click the Quick Scan button (to remove the device) or the Deep Scan button (find the rooted device) to scan your phone data.
- Preview and select the data you will receive.
- Click the Mobile or Computer icon button to download the files as you like.
Where are Google Hangouts Conversations Saved?
If you are looking for ways to recover Hangouts chat history, it is important to understand where Google Hangouts conversations are saved.
By default, all IM chats or chat conversations are stored in your Google account. When you sign in to your Gmail account, you can use the search bar at the top of the email to view your saved chat logs.
All you have to do to retrieve past conversations is search for “in: conversations”. After typing this, all the chat logs will appear on the screen.
Alternatively, you can search for a saved conversation, typing the keyword of the conversation or the names of its participants.
In the search results, you’ll notice that the dialog has a globe icon to the right of its title. An icon is displayed so you can easily divide your conversations into email parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: How Can I See Old Hangouts Messages?
Ans: Old Hangouts messages may appear on your computer. Go to your computer and click on Hangouts using hangouts.google.com or Gmail. Next, tap Archived Hangouts. Now click on the conversation you want to view and all your messages will appear.
Ques: Are Google Hangouts Conversations Private?
Ans: However, conversations in Google Hangouts are private and if you have conversations with another person in this app, they will only be visible to the two users who are chatting in between.
It means that no third party can see the conversation unless you add them to the same conversation. You can add others through contact or invite them to join.
Ques: How Do I Permanently Delete Hangouts Chat History?
Ans: Here’s how to permanently delete Hangouts chat history:
- First, open Hangouts by visiting hangouts.google.com on your computer
- Then select the conversation you want to delete
- Now click Settings at the top of the chat window.
- Then select to delete the conversation.
- And if you are sure to delete the conversation then tap on the Delete option
Ques: Why Do People Use Hangouts?
Ans: A hangout is a communication tool that provides users with voice, text, and video chat options. In addition to the voice chat feature, it is also free from other Google apps and does not require a Google+ account to use.
Read more articles:
- Fix the Pandora Session Timed Out
- Download Photos & Videos From WhatsApp Status
- Fix the Tap to Load Problem on Snapchat
Whether you need to communicate with professionals or personal contacts, Hangouts is one of the most used messaging apps for seamless interaction.
The app is designed to help people interact with their friends, family, and coworkers through chat, voice, and video calls.
Hope now you can easily recover deleted Hangouts (Google Chat) messages after reading this article.
If you like this post, please share it with your friends and family. If you have questions about this post, you can comment on them and we will try to resolve them as soon as possible.