In this guide, we have come with some ways to recover deleted messages and show you how you can recover your deleted Snapchat messages. There are many methods to recover these messages shown in this article. If one method didn’t work for you, you could try another given below.
Snapchat is one of the best social media apps that let you share your daily moments, stories, and interesting content with family, friends, and followers. Also, messages with photos and videos you send or receive will be automatically deleted after 24 hours without being saved. However, you can still recover deleted Snapchat messages by requesting your account details.
One of the features that enabled users to interact on Snapchat is the automatic deletion of messages. By default, all messages sent by the platform are deleted as soon as the sender and recipient leave the conversation. This reduces personal worries and allows your friends to engage in their most intimate moments without significant digital footprints in the background.
However, you may need to recover deleted messages. It can be an unforgettable conversation with a loved one, customer contact details, or useful information for legal issues. Snapchat is getting more popular day by day, so the chances of deletion of important messages are also increasing. There are some ways to recover deleted Snapchat messages in 2021.
Save your Snapchat messages.
Interestingly, this feature is already implemented in Snapchat; did you know it? Follow these steps on how to recover your future messages:
- Launch the Snapchat app on the Android or iOS device from which you want to receive messages.
- log in with a username
- Swipe the screen to the right. You will then see a list of discussions.
- Now you need to find the contact you want to chat with by looking for the chat button in the top left corner.
- Enter your message and click the “Send” button. Your message will appear in the chat window.
- Click on the message you just sent, and it will turn gray and bold.
- Saved Messages on Snapchat
- The message turns gray and bold.
- This means that when you save this message, it is stored on the Snapchat servers and is not deleted when you exit the chat screen. The same goes for received messages.
Recovery of Old Deleted Snapchat Messages
Yes, you can recover deleted messages with Snapchat. To recover, you’ll need to use the Snapchat My Data feature to request account details. Go to the Details page, select Deleted Messages and click the Recover button.
Recover Snapchat Messages from Cache
Before trying the difficult stuff, it’s a good idea to use Android’s built-in recovery tool.
When you close Snapchat or other apps on your smartphone, your Android device is programmed to wipe your recent memory quickly, so you need to restart the app and start it again. If the data connection is weak and may cause delays, screen freezes, crashes, power issues, etc., it may take some time. To avoid these problems, mobile phones cache some content for quick access.
Android cache stores recently used or hot data. Otherwise, it will take longer to recover from the over-flowed media. It also stores frequently used information next to the processor for immediate use. Most importantly, Snapchat messages are temporarily cached in the chat as soon as they are deleted.
Here’s how to recover deleted Snapchat messages from your device’s cache
For Android Users
- Use a USB data cable to connect your Android device to the PC.
- Once your PC recognizes your device, open your device’s settings folder and navigate to “Android.”
- Click “Data.”
- Find the file named “com.Snapchat.android”
- Open the cache folder and select the mail you want to retrieve.
- Click “Recover.”
After taking these steps, you will be able to recover your messages and view them without the usual restrictions. However, you can only use this method to recover the most recent messages. Over time, it will discard older data.
For IOS Users
If you’re using iOS, you’ll need to use advanced message recovery software to recover all your data.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Install Snapchat Message Recovery.
- Connect iPhone to your computer.
- The device enters recovery mode.
- This will start scanning your device for deleted messages.
- Next, you will see the deleted messages.
- Select Messages and click “Recover.”
Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages using the File Manager
If you don’t have a PC, you can still retrieve deleted messages from your phone’s internal memory. Here’s how-
- Open the file manager on your device. If you don’t have a file manager installed on your device, you can easily find a copy of it on Google Play.
- Go to “Android.”
- Click Data.
- Open the file named “Com.Snapchat.android”.
- Find the file with a .nomedia extension.
- Here you will also see the files with the data invisible.
- Rename all files removing the “.Nomedia” extension.
- Once you have renamed all the files, you can open any file and view your messages.
Using Dumpster App to Recover Snapchat Messages
The Dumpster Processor, which acts as a trash can on your Android phone, is available in the Google Play Store Processor. Dumpster provides the flexibility to recover deleted content from your Android device, including images, video, audio, pdf, zip, mp3, mp4, ppt, doc, avi, mpg, jpg, rar, and all common file types.
The app stores everything you have deleted intentionally or accidentally. Whether it is a ZIP file or JPG, you could recover almost everything from Dumpster. You must download this app to protect your important files and folders.
- First, install the Dumpster app on your Android mobile device.
- Then open your Snapchat photo or video.
- Now you want to find and open the Trash Can app where you can find the picture or video.
- Enable the Dumpster app to browse Snapchat videos or photos on Dumpster.
Recover Snapchat Messages on Android using FoneLab Tool
FoneLab also offers excellent data and information recovery tools for Android devices. To complete the recovery of Snapchat messages, you can quickly recover Snapchat messages with the FoneLab tool on your Android device.
Follow these steps to recover deleted messages:
- Download and install FoneLab Android Data Recovery Device for Windows PC or Mac.
- Go to phone settings and enable USB debugging mode on your Android device.
- Then use your USB cable to connect your Android phone to your computer
- FoneLab will automatically detect your Android device for data recovery.
- Go to the Android Data Recovery tab and there you have to select “Contacts and Messages”.
- Your phone will be rooted once you choose.
- Then you will see the deleted or deleted message
- Click the Select and Restore button for specific deleted messages.
- Wait a minute and your message will be restored soon
Recover Snapchat messages on iOS
To do this, we will be using the FoneLab recovery tool that will help you recover your photos and photos from Snapchat. Available for free for Windows and Mac.
In order to recover deleted messages, you would like to do and follow these steps:
- Install FoneLab Tools on PC
- Connect your iPhone or iOS device to your desktop via USB.
- Wait a few seconds for your phone to recover from your iOS device model.
- A Start Scan button will appear on your phone. Click on it and start scanning.
- Wait for the scanning process to be read and each piece of information on the phone will be displayed in the FoneLab tool.
- Find the Messages section on the left side of the menu and click on it. You must also have the Snapchat messages you want to recover.
- Select and mark the messages you want to recover.
- Find the Recover button in the lower right corner and click on it.
- Select a destination folder for messages and wait for the recovery process to complete.
Submit a data request to Snapchat
Please Note: You cannot download your data using the Snapchat app, you must log in using a web browser.
Follow these steps:
- Log into your account on accounts.snapchat.com
- Click ‘My Data’
- Click ‘Submit Request’ at the bottom of the page
- If you have verified an email address with Snapchat, we’ll send you an email with a link once your data is ready to download. Please don’t share this link with anyone.
- Follow the link in your email to download your data
- Click the link to download your data
your ‘My Data’ download will arrive in the form of a zip file. To open a zip file and view the contents you must have compatible software (like WinZip) on your device.
Recovering deleted messages is easy if you follow this complete guide. If you followed this complete guide for different devices and users, hope it is easy for you to recover deleted Snapchat Messages from now on.
I hope you can now easily recover your deleted Snapchat messages on your Android or iPhone device after reading this complete guide.