Snapchat contains the best social networking apps, matching moments, stories, and fun content to share with your family, friends, and followers. Also, messages, including photos and videos, that you send or receive are automatically deleted after you view them or after 24 hours if you don’t save them.
While many people use Snapchat just for this feature, sometimes it is necessary to recover deleted text. You can save your messages permanently by touching them or setting a 24-hour timer to delete texts automatically. But the process can be pretty confusing when you want to recover deleted texts. This article will show you how to recover deleted Snapchat messages.
- 1 Why is it harder to recover Snapchat messages?
- 2 How to recover deleted Snapchat messages?
- 3 Step 1: Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages Using File Manager
- 4 Step 2: Through Request My Data
- 5 Step 3 : Use Dumpster
- 6 Step 4 : Through Device Cache
- 7 Step 5 : Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on iPhone
- 8 How to view Snapchat chat history?
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Conclusion
Why is it harder to recover Snapchat messages?
Snapchat has been a leader in giving social media users more control over the content they post, including text, photos, and videos. This platform is one of the few social media platforms that use short-lived messages. But what is it?
Short-lived messaging is a type of chat or conversation that self-destructs. Messages are automatically deleted once the recipient has opened and viewed them.
Ephemeral messaging lets you control how long a message stays in someone’s inbox. This is a feature that most text or chat platforms don’t have. This message allows users to send thoughts that would otherwise be saved for fear of leaking those messages.
Also, sending self-destructing messages means saving storage space on your device. You don’t have to manually delete items every few days to free up disk space and keep your computer running smoothly.
On the downside, Snapchat’s short-lived messaging means you can lose valuable data when you get it. There may be messages that you want to keep longer. This can be anything from memorable photos and eye-catching text to progress reports.
Although Snapchat does not offer any way to recover these messages from your chats, you can easily access these deleted messages with some solutions. However, some bank statements cannot be retrieved depending on the time elapsed since they were submitted. Of course, you can also save your chats for safekeeping, so you don’t have to upload them later laboriously.
How to recover deleted Snapchat messages?
It’s easier to recover your Snapchat messages if they were recently deleted. You may need a computer and a compatible USB cable for your phone. If you need to connect, go through each method and determine the most effective recovery method for your Snapchat messages.
Step 1: Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages Using File Manager
Everything from Snapchat is saved in the phone’s internal storage when we delete it. It is held in a file with the extension “.nomedia.” Deleted messages will remain on the phone. This method works mainly for Android devices.
Here are the steps to recover Snapchat messages deleted from your phone:
- Open your phone’s file manager.
- Go to Android > Data> Com Snapchat. Android.
- Find files with the extension .nomedia.
- To recover deleted Snapchat messages, you must rename any file with a .nomedia extension.
- The thumbnails of all files will be visible.
- Now check all the files you renamed and find deleted messages.
Step 2: Through Request My Data
To recover deleted Snapchat messages, go to My Data in Snapchat Settings. Submit your request to recover all deleted Snapchat data. And you will surely recover deleted Snapchat messages. Follow these simple steps to recover deleted Snapchat messages.
1. visit My Data page
2. Log in to your Snapchat account.
3. Choose the message option you want to recover.
4. Click Submit Request.
5. After submitting the request, the support team will be prompted to provide an archive for your account.
6. You will receive an email as soon as the data is downloaded.
7. The email you will receive will contain a download link. Clicking on it will take you to my information page.
8. Now click on the mydata.zip file and download it to your device.
After collecting all your information, You might wonder how to recover deleted Snapchat messages on Android from this ZIP file. To extract mydata.zip, you need to follow these steps:
- Extract the mydata.zip file to your Android device.
- When the file is deleted, You will get a new folder with all your data.
- Open this folder and index.html file to view all deleted Snapchat messages.
- You can now see all the deleted Snapchat messages you’ve sent and received since day one.
Step 3 : Use Dumpster
You can use another app that does not violate the policy instead of Snapchat, just like a computer. “Recycle Bin” you can have a recycle bin on your phone.
The Dumpster can recover what you deleted. And you can restore it immediately with the app. Dumpster is a must-have app if you are afraid of losing important files on your phone.
This app saves everything you delete. Whether you accidentally or accidentally delete something, Dumpster restores everything.
Do you know what the best thing about this app is? No need to root your device to recover deleted messages. This application does everything for you. Here are the steps to activate the Dumpster app:
- Install the Dumpster app on your phone.
- Open the Snapchat photo gallery on your phone.
- Open the trash and find out where the app found all your photos and videos.
Step 4 : Through Device Cache
If you’re using Snapchat on your Android device, you can recover Snapchat messages deleted from your cache. This is most effective for recently deleted chats, as they are temporarily stored or cached on the phone after deletion.
To recover Snapchat messages deleted from the device cache To do, follow these steps:
- Open My Files or the default file manager on your phone or tablet.
- Go to Internal Storage > Android and select Data.
- Find the com. Snapchat the Android folder and open it.
- Rename all files with the extension .nomedia and find the file containing your Snapchat messages.
- Suppose you are having trouble accessing internal storage directly on your phone. You can do the same on your computer. In this action, You must have a USB port compatible with your phone.
Step 5 : Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on iPhone
To perform the same procedure on iPhone, you need to use s/w Advanced Text Recovery.
- Install Snapchat message recovery software.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
Your iPhone is in recovery mode, and the software will scan all folders for deleted messages.
- When the search for deleted messages is done, select and recover those messages.
How to view Snapchat chat history?
Ever wanted to know how to view the Snapchat history of your Snapchat conversations? You’re not the only one feeling this way. Sometimes you want to continue a conversation with your friends, and Snapchat isn’t the best app, as messages are quickly deleted. We’ll show you how to view their Snapchat chat history.
Let’s go for how to view your Snapchat chat history:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Go to your profile screen.
- Tap the Settings gear icon > My Data.
- In the Snapchat email you received, click here to download your data link.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- Click the Mydata zip file link to download the data file to your device.
- Extract downloaded data files to access deleted Snapchat messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: How long does a message stay on Snapchat?
Ans: Snapchat servers are designed to destroy group messages one day after everyone has seen them or a week after they are sent, depending on the need. You can store more if someone saves, replies, or replies to a message.
Ques: Can you recover deleted Snapchat conversations?
Ans: Yes, you can contact Snapchat from Settings > My Info > Connection > Send. Snapchat will send you a confirmation email and all of your account information. Including your images and text. In a few days
Ques: Who owes Snapchats access to deleted messages?
Ans: There are four hacks for viewing deleted messages. The first way to access Snapchat services is to log in with your data. The second step is to locate the .zip file. The third method uses your internal memory (works on Android and iPhone). Finally, you can use the Recycle Bin to recover all deleted files.
Ques: What is Snapchat Hack to View Deleted Messages?
Ans: There are four hacks to view deleted messages. The first is to contact Snapchat for your information. The second method is to access the ZIP file; the third method uses your internal storage cache (which works on Android and iPhone). Finally, you can use Dumpster to recover all your deleted data.
Read more articles:
- Cute And Sweet Names Ideas For Snapchat
- View Someone’s Old Instagram Stories
- Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
Snapchat is one of the best social media apps people use to communicate. Important messages are conveyed there. The problem arises when people lose their messages. We hope this guide will help you Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages iPhone for free. Share this with your friends and family. Please write to us in the comments section below to learn more about Snapchat or the interface.