Privacy is one of the most important issues when using social media apps. At some point during your social media experience, you have all wondered how you can hide who you are on Instagram or if you can hide hashtags and make live Instagram comments disappear!
It is completely natural if you do not want to share your next list with everyone and find out how to hide the following from IG. Of course, your social relationships are one thing you always want to keep secret or private, whether it’s to your family members or just passersby.
If you are looking for ways how to hide your following list on Instagram then your search ends right here. In this article, we will be providing you with an entire guide regarding how you can hide your following list and how you can maintain your privacy. we provide free solutions of Read Instagram Direct Messages Without Being Seen & See Who Saved Your Instagram Posts for instagram users.
- 1 What Do You Mean By Following And Followers List On Instagram?
- 2 How To Restrict People From Seeing My Following List?
- 3 Manage Your Account Visibility
- 4 Remove Certain Followers
- 5 Restricting Accounts
- 6 Blocking Accounts
- 7 Frequenly Asked Questions
- 8 Ques: What Can I Do If I Do Not Want My Contacts To Find Me On Instagram?
- 9 Ques: How Can You Hide A Story From Someone Who Doesn’t Follow You On Instagram?
- 10 Ques: How Can You Hide Someone’s Comments On Instagram?
- 11 Ques: How Can I Hide My Work From Fans On Instagram?
- 12 Conclusion
What Do You Mean By Following And Followers List On Instagram?
The people you follow on Instagram are named in the following list. You can follow them directly, or you can give people requests if they have a private account. Once they have approved your request, you can like their photos, videos and watch their stories on Instagram. Some people may offer follow-up requests to your id if you are close to them or if they know you in person.
The people who follow you on Instagram are called by the list of followers on Instagram. Therefore, they will send you a tracking request if your account is private. Once you have accepted their request on Instagram, the number of your followers will grow exponentially.
If you are interested in the person who provided you with a tracking request, you can also follow him on Instagram by sending a follow-up request if his account is private. If not, you can follow them directly.
How To Restrict People From Seeing My Following List?
Manage Your Account Visibility
People who always wonder what kind of text they leave on the internet. There is a lot of information, a lot of pictures, and you can’t control what other people are posting. Not only is it clever but it is good to know who is seeing that on your Instagram account. Therefore, unless you are running an online business, or you are an influential person or a celebrity, you should go public with a private profile.
This only allows your followers to see the list of people you follow and those who follow you. All they have to do is dial a number for each list. However, if your account is public, anyone can access this list and view profiles. To switch from a public account to a private Instagram account you should:
- Step 1: Open Instagram on your mobile device.
- Step 2: Navigate to your profile by tapping the icon in the lower right-hand corner. Tap the three straight lines at the top right and click “Settings”.
- Step 3: Tap “Privacy,” then press “Account Privacy.”
- Step 4: Toggle the switch to the right of “Private Account” to blue.
You can make this change on Instagram and the web. A private account means that if people want to follow you, they will have to submit requests. Then review and decide who you want to share your Instagram profile with. This includes who is on your list of Followers and Followers.
Remove Certain Followers
Even if you already have a private Instagram account, you may find yourself in a situation where you want to hide your fan list. But what if the person or people you want to hide your information from are already following you? This can be imaginative. And when it does, it’s comforting to know that you can do something about it. To remove a fan you just need to:
- Step 1: Open your Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Step 2: Touch the number of followers. There you will see a list of your followers. You can use the search bar to find specific people.
Step 3: Next to each username you will see “Delete”. Click and confirm your selection.
This way people who previously had access to your Follower list and the Next list no longer know. They may still find your profile on Instagram but will need to send you another request to access your page again.
Maybe you are not looking to remove a fan, but you are still experiencing some issues with them that make you want to limit their access to your Instagram account. Instagram completely allows you to do just that. The caller will not be able to tell if you are online or if you have read their messages.
Comments left on your post will be visible only to them. You can choose to view comments by tapping “See comments”. And if you want other people who follow you to see their comments, you can simply select “Allow”. Alternatively, you can simply delete it or ignore it. Restricting or limiting someone’s account can be done as follows:
- Step 1: Go to your Instagram profile.
- Step 2: Go to “Settings” and then “Privacy”.
- Step 3: Select “Links” and then “Restricted Accounts”. Then say “Continue”.
- Step 4: Type the name of the account you want to limit and select “Restrict” next to their name. Use the same procedure to “Do not limit” if you choose to.
You can also access the accounting feature with specific messages, comments, or profiles. But this approach is probably easier. we have detailed guide on Fix “Your Account has Been Temporarily Locked” on Instagram & Delete Instagram Account Created Through Facebook.
Finally, you can block the Instagram account. It is usually the last resort for other people. But those with a lot of followers who find a lot of bad things on the internet tend to use it. It is important to note that if you block someone, they will not be able to see your followers or who you are following.
So, maybe you should know exactly how to block someone online.
- Step 1: Go to the person’s profile page.
- Step 2: Touch the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Select “Block” and confirm.
That’s it, they’re gone. They will not be able to see your followers and the following lists and will not be able to see your account at all.
Frequenly Asked Questions
Ques: What Can I Do If I Do Not Want My Contacts To Find Me On Instagram?
Ans: To do this, you must terminate the license for those who have your number stored on their phones.
Hiding your Instagram account from those people:
- Go to your phone schedule and in your settings, find Instagram.
- Then turn off access to the contacts permissions in the app.
Ques: How Can You Hide A Story From Someone Who Doesn’t Follow You On Instagram?
Ans: If you want to hide your stories from random profile viewers in IG, you should switch to a private account, as previously ordered. So, if you insist on using a public or business account, you can’t do that.
Once you have a private account, there are two ways to hide your stories from certain fans. The first way is to build a list of close friends, and the second way is to hide your stories from fans you do not want to share your stories with.
To hide your stories from certain users, you must:
- Go to your profile feed on Instagram.
- Select the three horizontal lines in the top right corner, then select ‘Settings.’
- Then, select ‘Privacy’ and then select ‘Story.’
- Now, press the number below to ‘Hide Story From It.’
- Finally, select users, you do not want to share your stories with!
Ques: How Can You Hide Someone’s Comments On Instagram?
Ans: Of course, you can delete a comment on Instagram or block someone who commented on your post. But if you do not want them to find you, you can just limit them as described in the last question.
Ques: How Can I Hide My Work From Fans On Instagram?
Ans: Most people like to hide their activities on Instagram as there are things they don’t want everyone to look at. For example, not many people want others to know when they work on Instagram.
Follow the steps below to hide activity status on Instagram:
- Open your profile
- Click 3 lines at the top right of the screen
- Click on Settings
- Tap activity status and slide it to close it
This will allow you to browse on Instagram with others unknowingly working on the app.
Read more articles:
- How to See Old Deleted Instagram Photos
- How to Search Multiple Hashtags on Instagram
- How to Delete Instagram Messages from Both Sides
Tired of nosy people constantly nagging and asking questions about who and why are you following or being followed by on Instagram? Don’t worry, because this article has provided several ways to hide your following list and save yourself from all the drama. Go through the article and follow the method which suits you the best.