Instagram stories are remarkable for sharing your modern-day plans along with your. friends and circle of relatives. They’re additionally useful for reinforcing posts at the app. In fact, you may upload a put-up for your tale to boost its fulfillment.
But every application may face some issues now and then, so can Instagram. Have you ever faced issues while sharing a post your story? Have you ever wondered why does the reshare to story option disappears sometimes?
Don’t worry, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will be telling you how to fix this issue and also the reason behind you not being able to reshare a post on your story. Read the entire article to know more. Here, in this guide to view all your Instagram old stories that you have posted earlier. This is a great way to relive your old memories with just a few clicks & Multiple Hashtags on Instagram.
What Is Meant By Sharing Post On Story?
When you encounter something in feed that conjures up you like a put up from a pal elevating money for a cause or a photograph of a new layout out of your favored brand you may now quick proportion that publishes as a sticker to your tale to your friends and fans to see.
To percentage a feed publish in your tale, simply tap the paper plane button beneath the put up, simply as you would ship it via Direct at the pinnacle, you’ll now see the option to create a tale.
Tap it to see the feed put up as a decal with a customized background prepared to percentage to your tale. you may rotate, scale and circulate the sticky label and faucet it to discover other patterns.
All posts shared to tales display the unique poster’s username. when you see a publish in a person’s story, you could tap it to test out the authentic publish and spot extra from the person who created it.
You may only share posts from public money owed. if you don’t want your posts shared with tales by means of other people, you may easily choose out in settings.
Why Can’t You See Reshare Post Option?
Type Of Account
The Add post to story button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from your personal account, the button will not appear in the share menu below the post. Check messages and posts from other accounts, preferably celebrities, and see if you can see the share option again.
Sharing Option Disabled
Another reason for missing the Add post to story button if your account is now public is share permissions. In other words, you may have turned off the ability to allow others to share Instagram posts in Stories. In this case, the button for this account will not be displayed. But check messages from other public accounts. Again, it doesn’t matter whether you’ve enabled this option for your account or not. It depends on the account you want to share with.
How to stop sharing your posts in Stories
Follow these steps to prevent others from sharing your posts in Stories.
- Step 1: Launch the Instagram app and go to your profile screen. Click the 3 bar icon at the top and select “Settings”.
- Step 2. Click “Personal Information” and then click “History”.
- Step 3: Disable the option to allow the posting of stories.
Finally, this feature may not be on your profile. Instagram usually rolls out features in stages. That said, not everyone uses the feature at the same time. Even so, the feature may accidentally disappear. However, you can try the following fix to get the add post to the story button.
How To Fix Cannot Share Instagram Posts To Stories?
To fix Instagram’s missing “add post to story” feature, you can scroll through the share list to find it, refresh/reinstall Instagram, use another device or ask that user to allow posting back to the story.
Beginning August 2022, you must use shared stickers to add posts to your story. Or you can use another account. Whether it’s an update issue or a crash, here are all the ways you can get this feature back on your device.
Add ‘Reshare’ Sticker
- Go to the Instagram homepage.
- Click your profile picture to add a new story.
- Select New on the left side of the screen.
- Click the sticker icon at the top of the screen.
- Find the “Share” sticker.
- Click Share and select a post to publish.
- Click “Share” to add a post to your story!
It is currently unknown whether Instagram will permanently disable the ability to add posts to stories. But now you need to add posts to your story using shared stickers.
Scroll Down In Your Sharing List
If the Add Posts to Story feature doesn’t appear at the top of your share list, scroll down to find it.
In most cases, this feature is under the share list.
Here is a step-by-step guide.
- Tap the arrow/plane icon below the post.
- A navigation window opens, showing a list of users you follow.
- Scroll down the list, there is an “Add post to the story” button.
If you don’t use Instagram Stories often, the “Add Post to Stories” feature may be hidden from your shared list. So you will have to scroll down to find it.
Update Your Instagram App
Second, if Instagram is outdated, you can update it on your device.
A common reason why Stories don’t have post-add-ons is that Instagram is outdated.
Here’s How To Update Instagram On Your Android Device.
- Open the Google Play Store, tap Menu, then My Apps & Games.
- The legacy app has a refresh button and you can also find the Instagram app.
- When you find Instagram, click “Update” to update Instagram to the latest version.
Here’s How To Update Instagram On Iphone.
- Open the App Store and tap the profile icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to find the Instagram app.
- Click “Update” to update Instagram to the latest version.
In essence, updating Instagram can help solve many problems. If the update description includes “bug fixes and performance improvements,” this is clear.
Reinstall Instagram App
Reinstalling Instagram may also help fix the “Add post to story” display issue.
Here’s How To Reinstall Instagram On Your Android Device:
- Open the Google Play Store, tap Menu, then My Apps & Games.
- Scroll down to find the Instagram app. You can also find it.
- Click the application and click “Uninstall”. Then search Instagram and download it again.
Here’s How To Reinstall Instagram On Iphone:
- Press the Instagram app for 3 seconds.
- Click Delete.
- Find Instagram on the App Store and download it again.
Many problems can be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app. This is because data and cache are removed from the application. Also, reinstall Instagram to make sure it’s up to date.
Use Another Device
Another way to enable the “Add Post to Stories” feature on Instagram is to use a different device.
If you are using an iPhone, use your Android device instead and vice versa.
In general, using a different device is a reliable way to troubleshoot application-related issues.
You can also check if the issue is related to your old device using a different device. In this case, the problem could be that Instagram on your device is crashing and there is nothing you can do about it. If you don’t have a phone or you don’t want to give your mobile number to Instagram then don’t worry Create Instagram Account without a Phone Number and check out 7 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages.
Ask The Person To Enable The Sharing Option On Their Posts
If you’re trying to add someone else’s post to your story, that person may have disabled the Share Again option.
In order to share their posts with a story, you must ask them to turn on the repost option. Here’s how to allow stories to be published.
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap the menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings, click Privacy, and then click History.
- Scroll down and turn on the “Allow story re-access” toggle under “Shared”.
- When a post becomes shareable to a story, you can ask that user to disable the post again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Why Can’t I Share A Post To My Instagram Story?
Ans: Unable to share posts to Instagram Stories because you do not have the latest version of Instagram installed, or the feature has not yet been released or is a glitch.
Ques: How Do I Enable “Add Post To My Story” On Instagram?
Ans: To enable the “Add Post to Stories” feature on Instagram, you need to enable the Share option again in Settings. Once enabled, click the arrow/plane icon below the post and click Add Post to Story.
Ques: Why Is There No “Add To My Story” Button Even Though My Instagram App Is Up To Date?
Ans: If the Instagram app is up to date and there is no “Add to Story” button, then this may be a glitch. Failure is Instagram’s fault, not yours.
Read more articles:
- Know If Someone Muted Your Story On Instagram
- Restrict Others From Seeing Who I am Following On Instagram
- Know if Someone Muted Your Notification on Instagram
If you have been worried about not being able to share any posts to your stories, you now know what the possible reasons might be. We have also shared a few methods to fix this issue of yours. Try out these methods and let us know if they were helpful.