Instagram gives users quick snaps to share information. You don’t have to watch long videos to see the lives of your favorite celebrities. Since the rise of microblogging, apart from YouTube, people prefer to share their lives and activities through Instagram posts. A beautiful PFP Instagram is the first thing people notice when they see your profile. So it may take some time to manually select the best photo.
Other than these small yet important things, what do you do when your profile picture doesn’t change? So if you’re wondering why Instagram won’t let me change my profile picture, don’t worry because you’ve come to the right place for the right answer. So put your worries aside and walk over this article with me. If you are here, you will want to know how to view Someone’s old Instagram stories. You’re in the right place! Read this article on Fixing Instagram Reels Option Not Working or Showing also you can check out How to Fix “Sorry this page isn’t available” on Instagram.
- 1 Why can’t I change my profile picture on Instagram?
- 2 Bad internet connection
- 3 Your application is out of date
- 4 The server is down
- 5 An error occurred.
- 6 The operating system is outdated.
- 7 Quick Ways to fix I can’t change my Instagram profile picture
- 8 1. Clear Instagram cache
- 9 2. Update your Instagram app
- 10 3. Turn on/off the Airplane mode
- 11 4. Change your profile picture file format
- 12 5. Relogin
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions
- 14 Will Instagram let people know if you change your profile?
- 15 Can you change your Instagram photo without telling everyone?
- 16 How do you know if someone has changed their Instagram?
- 17 Does Instagram automatically integrate with Facebook?
- 18 Conclusion
Why can’t I change my profile picture on Instagram?
Bad internet connection
You know you’ll need the internet to update your Instagram profile. So if your internet connection is constantly down, you may not be able to upload or change your profile photo.
Your application is out of date
Another major issue is that the app has not been updated to the latest version. Many of the older versions of Instagram are completely outdated, and features like changing your profile picture no longer work. To update the Instagram app to the latest version, you need to go to the settings of your mobile phone and uninstall the Instagram app.
As a result, you may receive an error message that says “Could not change photo” and your Instagram profile photo does not display or change.
As a general rule, we recommend that you check your internet speed to make sure it is working properly and not too slow. For this, we recommend immediate testing.
The server is down
This is not an uncommon problem and many people experience it at some point in their lives. If there is a problem with the Instagram server, the program will not be able to update the user’s profile picture.
Almost every time you have a problem with your Instagram profile picture not updating you should know that it is usually the result of an app error or a server error.
An error occurred.
You cannot change PFP using the default Instagram app. This can be caused in some cases by an issue or bug in the app that prevents you from changing certain aspects of your Instagram profile.
The operating system is outdated.
Your phone’s operating system can also be a problem, as app updates come with the latest mobile phone software versions. So, if your phone software is not updated, the app updates you have installed including Instagram will not work properly and some features will not work.
If you are a regular user of Instagram and want to know How to See Old Deleted Instagram Photos & if your message was deleted accidentally and want to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages check these linked articles.
Quick Ways to fix I can’t change my Instagram profile picture
1. Clear Instagram cache
Clean app data can help remove any corrupt temporary files that might be causing profile picture errors. Another known issue is that a corrupted app’s cache or temporary data can hamper app performance. Therefore, it is recommended that you try to delete Instagram data. It can also reset your Instagram Explore page.
- Go to Instagram
- Select Privacy & Security from the drop-down menu.
- Select View Account Data from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Search History” section, select “View All” to view all results.
- Remove all search history by clicking on it and selecting “Yes, I’m sure.”
Clearing Instagram cache is a simple process that works on iOS and Android smartphones. Just follow the steps below to achieve your goal.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu on your Instagram profile.
- Select Security from the drop-down menu.
- “Clear Search History” (for iPhone) or “Search History” (for Android) (for Android) will appear.
- Select “Erase All” from the drop-down menu.
2. Update your Instagram app
One of the first things you need to do is to set up upcoming Instagram updates. There might already be an issue with users not being able to change their Instagram profile picture through the app. Then, Instagram may offer a fix in the next update.
- If you are using the latest version of Instagram, you can rest assured that it will not cause many bugs or errors.
- Open “Google Play Store”.
- Tap the account icon in the top right.
- Tap on “Manage apps and devices (MyApps & Games)”.
- If an Instagram update is available, tap Update.
- Once you update the Instagram app to the latest version, make sure you can change your account profile picture.
3. Turn on/off the Airplane mode
You may be unable to change your Instagram profile picture due to internet connection issues with your device.
So turning airplane mode on and off and reconnecting to the network can solve the problem.
4. Change your profile picture file format
You may not be able to convert your photo due to a problem with the file format of the photo you are trying to upload to your Instagram profile.
Instagram photos are uploaded to files in basic image formats (JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.), but eventually converted to JPG automatically.
After the phone restarts, follow the Instagram exit and back on again. This will start a new login period and help update your application account information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Instagram let people know if you change your profile?
No, Instagram will not notify others if you change your profile picture. Of course, users will see your new profile, but you will not notify them directly about the change.
Can you change your Instagram photo without telling everyone?
Unlike Facebook, you can change your profile picture without making it public. You don’t have to worry about anything as there is no notification when you change your profile picture, just change your profile by following these steps: Open the Instagram app for Android or Instagram app for iPhone.
How do you know if someone has changed their Instagram?
Click the top three dots in the upper right corner. In the window that opens, select About this account. Click on the first name. On the next page, Instagram will show you how many times you’ve changed your account profile in the past.
Does Instagram automatically integrate with Facebook?
Like other devices in the list of linked accounts on Instagram, the ability to link to your Facebook profile appears to be disabled by default. Users have to sign in by clicking on the gray app icon before Instagram shows them that they are connected.
Read more articles:
- Best Comments for Boys Pic on Instagram
- Create Instagram Account without a Phone Number
- Instagram Private Video Downloader
- Instagram Photo Downloader
So far in this article, we have seen many simple and easy ways to follow. Just follow the above methods and the below steps to solve the issue of Instagram not letting me change my profile.
Review & Discussion